AEU Meeting Date 1 Mar 2023 Last Updated 5 Mar 2023
In this month's session, Maria Barnes (MVP) discussed how to optimize queries in SQL Server using various tools provided in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS):
- How to decide which SQL queries need to be optimized?
- How to Use the Activity Monitor in SSMS
- An Introduction to the Performance Dashboard for SSMS 17.2 and above
- Query Simplification Basics
- Displaying the Estimated Execution Plan in SSMS
- A brief mention of the Query Store and what this is
Maria Barnes has been developing with Microsoft Access for over 25 years, since version 95 and is a 5-time Microsoft 365 (specializing in Access) MVP.
She is the chapter president of the Access Lunchtime User Group, founded Barnes Business Solutions, Inc. in 2008 and has been consulting on her own since 1999.
Barnes Business Solutions specializes in Access and SQL Server databases, Microsoft Office integration, PowerApps, and custom solutions for small and mid-size companies.
MVP Profile: https://mvp.microsoft.com/en-us/PublicProfile/5002967
Click to download a PDF version of the presentation used in this session:
SQL Query Optimization PDF file - approx 0.74 MB
The meeting was recorded and the video is available on the Access Europe YouTube channel at https://youtu.be/aOd0G9uIfvo or you can click below:
Colin Riddington Mendip Data Systems Last Updated 5 Mar 2023
Return to Access Europe Page
Return to Top